|Latest Version:||0.92.3 LATEST|
|Requirements:||Windows XP x64 / Vista x64 / Windows 7 x64 / Windows 8 x64 / Windows 10 x64|
|Old Versions:||0.92.2 / Improvements: / Regression fixes: / Important bugfixes: / Translations: / Documentation: / Known issues:|
Inkscape is a wonderful vector graphics editor with open source. It is convenient to create both artistic and technical illustrations in Inkscape. The program has a good set of tools and supports layer systems, clones, markers, it can also work with such formats as DXF, PNG, WMF, BMP, PDF, EPS or TIFF.
You can edit XML files with this application. Inkscape includes all the major tools of paid vector editors and supports many of the latest features of SVG. The program is distributed free of charge, which gives it an advantage over paid programs. The main aim of Inkscape developers was to create powerful and functional but not too complicated painting tool. Inkscape may be used to create illustrations, presentations, creation of logos, business cards. Vector graphics great for high-quality printing.
The interface of vector graphics editor Inkscape consists of control elements and functions designed to make the artist’s work simple and convenient. It looks very modern and catchy. As in most other programs, the main menu of Inkscape contains the basic functions of working with the program: working with files, editing and browsing functions, functions of the editor for working with text, filters, objects and paths, additions and help information. The inkscape toolbar is located at the top of the working area of the editor screen immediately from the main menu. The inkscape toolbar contains icons that call specific editor commands.
* tool context bar
* a large number of well thought out keyboard shortcuts for calling functions
* built-in bitmap vectorizer that uses SIOX to highlight objects in the foreground
* an informative status line which shows information about the selected objects and prompting keyboard shortcuts
Voronoi / Delaunay Triangulation
This screenshot from Inkscape 0.91 shows some of the results of the new Voronoi / Delaunay Triangulation plugin. Thanks go to Ryan Lerch for making the screenshot available!
Inkscape version 0.91 has a new Symbols dialog, with which you can manage symbols. The symbols can come from libraries that are already installed, or from a library that you install, or custom symbols that you create on the canvas.
This illustration of a Ferrari by Gilles Pinard was done by hand without any tracing. Gradients, blurs, and other various other techniques really bring this image to life.
Inkscape 0.48 now has a preference that allows users to take advantage of multi-threading for the Gaussian Blur filter. This filter makes one of the biggest impacts on Inkscape's performance when in use. Mariana Sing uses blur throughout this image for subtle details, smooth color transitions, and numerous effects. Thankfully the blur operation is now faster than before when using a multi-core or multi-processor computer.
Inkscape 0.48 has brought many improvements to the Text Tool. There are now controls for superscript, subscript, line spacing, letter spacing, word spacing, horizontal kerning, vertical kerning, and rotation. Thanks to Development Seed for contributing this screenshot.
After many years and countless requests, Inkscape 0.48 now supports editing multiple paths at the same time. Previously editing with the Node Tool had a limitation of working with only one path at a time. Thanks to happyline for the wonderful example screenshot.
Inkscape 0.48 has added a Spray Tool to quickly and easily spray multiple copies of items. With the parameters for rotation and size it allows creating effects that previously would take much longer to achieve. Thanks to DiSmeCha for contributing this screenshot.
Support for switching between RTL and LTR writing directions has been added.
New fields for setting vertical/horizontal radius (Rx/Ry) were added to the tool controls bar. (Bug # 1181127, Ellipse control bar should include Rx, Ry, or width and height )
Performance: New preferences option
A new option called "Rendering tile multiplier" was added under Rendering preferences. It can adjust the size of rendering tiles (tiles are portions of canvas area that are calculated in one go). Rendering larger areas with complex content at once requires more computational time, but modern computers come with powerful hardware and many should be up to the task. Making this value larger can speed up drawing, if you have large areas with complex filters in your drawing or work a lot with high zoom levels on filtered objects. Making the value smaller can make zooming and panning in relevant areas faster on low-end hardware (if there are no large filtered areas on the visible part of the canvas). The new default value makes your screen consist of about four tiles that are rendered independently if you're not using a hidpi screen (which requires more tiles). A more detailed explanation is available here .
What's new in this version:
The new version of the program includes improvements in functionality and performance.
- New command-line option for export management in SVG. In the tool for forming circles and ellipses, fields were added to fine-tune the vertical and horizontal radii. Reduced start time on the Windows platform. In the rendering settings, is added an option to change the block size. New render tile preferences for performance tuning. Better startup performance for many Windows users.
- Add a control point to the centers of rectangles, circles/ellipses and stars to make it easier to move them and to align them in a precise way - DPI Change: Command line option --dpi-update-method=[none|scale-viewbox|scale-document] to batch-process legacy files - Enable setting of default 'font-style' - Improve selection chemistry z-stack ordering - Rework the object panel, including making shortcut handling respect user-defined shortcuts - Add ability to generate one path from multiple paths with LPEs in them - Support in sp_file_convert_text_baseline_spacing() for flowed text
- GUI: Fix file preview on Windows when using the native file open dialog - Printing: Fix crash when printing on Windows - Text: Fix tiny font size for sub/superscripts - Fix occasional crash closing or saving on Windows 7
- GUI: Window position/size was often wrong on startup and when opening new documents - Symbols: Fix loading of Visio Stencils from .vss files with special characters in file name - SVG import/export: Special characters in the document's "title" field could result in invalid SVG output and prevent re-opening the file on Windows - EMF/WMF import/export: Fix many issues that occurred when the system's locale was set to a language using comma (,) as decimal separator. Notably text was often positioned wrongly after import (Bugs #1089857, #1335660, # 1599763, #1675755) and the export option "Convert gradients to colored polygons series" made Inkscape crash - LaTeX+PDF export: Fix export for text inside a masked or clipped group - Extensions: The attribute xml:space="preserve" for INX Parameters of type description was ignored but they were untranslatable without it. The attribute is now respected and translations work properly in all cases, however please note that this might change formatting in cases that were broken before, i.e. whenever omitting the attribute. To maintain visual appearance please add the attribute - Import: Fix many issues with importing large files. Many files that could not be opened before (especially those containing large raster graphics) should import fine now - Fonts: Do not load fonts with illegal characters in font family name which caused a crash - Inkview: Fix loading files with non-ASCII characters in filename - Shortcuts - Fix "Shift" modifier being added incorrectly for many user defined shortcuts (making them unusable) - Allow to set shortcuts with characters that need to be escaped (e.g. "& ", "<", ">") - Fix crash when exporting user defined shortcuts on Windows (Bug #1639701) - Improved performance of shortcut list in preferences - Fill and Stroke: Fix HSL color selector sometimes showing corrupted colors with a non-functioning 5th slider - Fix occasional crash closing or saving on Windows 7 - Fix tearing and glitching while moving objects. Don't stop() the rubberband until it has actually been started - Fix various memory leaks - Fix PNG export on Windows - Fix crash with fonts containing illegal characters in family name - Fix description parameters for extensions - Fix temporarily disappearing transformation handles - Fix bug on rotate copies with one line vertical input - Fix nodes reverting back during editing - Fix crash when moving objects by null-checking return from sp_svg_transform_write - Don't block data entry into the text-tool font-size entry widget after an empty entry - Reduce overall height of the options dialog - Fix import of WMF - Fix extraneous numbers inserted with color rename - Fix --export-latex crash with a svg file - Fix EMF export glitch with GDI clipping, by starting it with a COPY instead of an OR - Fix linking of duplicated text on paths - Fix stroke width of edges for extrude extension - Fix incorrect scaling in extensions when document units are not px - Fix hang in linked flowed text when setting outer line-height to zero - Fix displacement of text when moving a selection of frame and text-flowed-into-frame - Fix crash when trying to move svg symbol - Fix crash on editing path created by the rotate copies LPE - Fix crash loading files with certain LPEs such as mirror symmetry
The following UI translations received updates: - French - German - Italian - Latvian - Romanian - Ukrainian
- Fix link for FAQ entry on DPI change
- DPI Change: known issues with 'Scale elements' option - DPI Change: Default grids in documents created with Inkscape 0.91 don't scale correctly - Line height: Changing "baseline spacing" stops working - Renderer: Artifacts in Gaussian blur effects with default quality settings - Node editor: Deselecting selected nodes of complex paths takes a long time
- Google Chrome 1
- Mozilla Firefox 2
- Avast! Free Antivirus 3
- Adobe Flash Player 4
- 7-Zip 5
- CCleaner 6
- BS.Player Free 7
- Avira Free Antivirus 8
- 360 Total Security 9
- AIMP 10
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 11
- Android Studio 12
- AVG AntiVirus Free 13
- Comodo Dragon Internet Browser 14
- AMD OverDrive 15