|Latest Version:||4.1.5 LATEST|
|Requirements:||Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10|
|Old Versions:||4.1.4 / Improvements/Enhancements / Bug Fixes: / Updated translations available in Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 include: / Updated dictionaries available in Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 include:|
Apache OpenOffice is a discontinued open-source office suite. OpenOffice.org, commonly known as OpenOffice, has well-deserved popularity, all due to its enhanced functionality, cross-platform nature, great potential and good compatibility of components. OpenOffice.org allows downloading MS-Office documents (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), editing them and storing them in both the original and OpenOffice.org formats.
Apache OpenOffice is almost completely similar to Microsoft Office, but, in some features it’s even far beyond Microsoft Office capacity. It comes with a text editor (Writer), a spreadsheet program (Calc), a presentation program (Impress), a drawing program (Draw), a database program (Base) and a program for making scientific notations (Math). Everything you need to do things. However, you can, if you want, install only Writer, or only Draw instead of the whole suite.
Apache OpenOffice can be used for various purposes such as education, governments and businesses and not for profits. First of all, the key thing to note is that Apache OpenOffice is very close to the consumer. Each user has the opportunity to report bugs, request new features or improve the software. It’s free and very easy to learn, which facilitates the convenience of work for users of any level of training.
Another advantage of this set of applications is the support for opening and saving documents in many popular formats (.doc, .rtf, etc). With Apache OpenOffice you can export various file formats to PDF in just 2 clicks.
One huge factor with OpenOffice is language compatibility. Such languages like Arabic, Hindi or Hebrew that are right to left languages will works much better with OpenOffice.
OpenOffice is available on a mobile device with the completely free AndrOpen Office app for Androids.
The latest version of the office suite is Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5, which includes corrections of identified regressions and an update of the English-language dictionary. Besides, this version supports 41 languages and was downloaded more than 3.2 million times, which indicates the high quality of the latest customized office suit.
What's new in this version:
The main bug fixes and additions involve:
- - Bug causes irreparable damage to the diagrams when a document is saved in Calc. - Bug fix for Issue 127568 in Base. - Writer stops working after copying the document content through the clipboard. - Updates for the English language dictionary.
- Updated graphics/logos (new Apache feather) - Updated dictionaries - Enhancements to the build tools
- Cannot select a different icon set (menu "Tools - Options - View") - Crash when applying a style to a new text document - Different installed Java Runtime Environment cannot be selected (menu "Tools - Options - Java")
Updated translations available in Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 include:
- Basque (eu) - Galician (gl) - German (de) - Hebrew (he) - Norwegian (nb) - Valencian RACV (ca-XR) - Valencian AVL (ca-XV)
Updated dictionaries available in Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 include:
- Asturian (ast) - Catalan (ca) - Valencian RACV (ca-XR) - Valencian AVL (ca-XV) - English (en-GB) - English (en-US) - German (de) - German Austria (de-AT) - German Switzerland (de-CH) - Portuguese European (pt) - Russian (ru) - Spanish (es)
- Google Chrome 1
- Mozilla Firefox 2
- Avast! Free Antivirus 3
- Adobe Flash Player 4
- 7-Zip 5
- CCleaner 6
- BS.Player Free 7
- Avira Free Antivirus 8
- 360 Total Security 9
- AIMP 10
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 11
- Android Studio 12
- AVG AntiVirus Free 13
- Comodo Dragon Internet Browser 14
- AMD OverDrive 15